Thursday 13 September 2012

Praia de Vitoria

I slowed down so as to arrive off the harbour after dawn. Even in the outer harbour there was a lot of surge. By the time I got lines and fenders ready on both sides of the boat it 8 AM local time and there were yatchies around who take my lines. The docks are full and visitors are rafted two out. It was great to be in. It had not been an easy trip. An average run of 106 mile per day, compared to the usual 135 miles/day. Far too much time spent hard on the wind tacking north and south into the SW wind on the top side of all those lows. That's how it can be. Just think I could find those same SW winds next year to go back to England.

2 comments:

  1. A challenging passage, sailed at reasonable speed, with no breakages. Congratulations on a successful journey. Hope you do find pleasant tailwinds next year to take you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tony. I just stopped by your blog today to see when Taonui would be headed out this year, and I found the news that this season will mark Taonui's final stretch with you and Coryn at the helm. Bon voyage - I'll be following along.

    Shannon (formerly of The Paper Hat Editing Services)

    ReplyDelete